International Health Certificate Information

Dr. Beverly Holmes and Dr. Eve Kuesis are accredited by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) to provide pet owners traveling abroad with a health certificate. The USDA is the official agency in charge of international certification and in most cases needs to authorize the certificate.

Each country has its own specific requirements. As a pet owner, you are responsible for finding out what documents are needed for your destination. The first step is contacting the airline and embassy or consulate for the most updated requirements. We encourage you to do this and familiarize yourself with these protocols prior to your office visit. It is important to start gathering information early so that you have plenty of time to get all the requirements completed for your flight. (Many countries require special forms or documents that are time sensitive.)

At the time of your visit, your pet will have a physical exam and, depending on your destination, laboratory work, vaccines, microchipping, and/or parasite treatments. These procedures often require more than one office visit. (Example: In some cases, countries will require a Rabies titer, which may require additional time for blood test results.)

As long as all homework is done and appointments are made in a timely fashion your pet and you will travel safely and stress free.


1) United States Department of Agriculture:

2) USDA website (finds the consulate or embassy of the country of destination):